It has been announced by the SA Government today that from midnight tonight (Wednesday, November 18), South Australia will be in strict lockdown for six days as a result of a new COVID-19 outbreak.
What this means for all South Australian residents:
- You must not leave your home, except for essential medical appointments.
- You must not allow any visitors into your home or visit any other households.
- You must wear a mask if you need to leave your home.
- You cannot leave your home for exercise.
- You cannot attend day options services.
- All non-essential services will be suspended. This includes Camps for Kids, Getaways and Kids Club.
- Only one person, per household, per day, can leave the home for grocery shopping and essential items including medication and pharmaceuticals. For Supported Independent Living customers, this must be a Cara staff member.
- You should avoid using public transport unless absolutely essential, in which case, a mask must be worn.
- Social distancing of at least 1.5m must be maintained where possible.
- Continue practicing good hygiene, including hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Schools and Childcare will be closed, except for children that are cared for by essential workers.
- Supported Independent Living will continue but Cara staff will wear masks in customers’ homes at all times.
- Only essential Home and Community Support (HCS) and Short Term Accommodation – Respite (STA) will continue throughout this time, however Cara is clarifying this with the SA Government.
- Cara staff will be in touch with customers that are affected by changes in HCS and STA once this has been clarified.
SA Health is constantly updating their website with new locations that infected persons have been. Please continue to check their website regularly to see if you are impacted. To do this, type the following URL into your web address bar and click on the orange banner at the top of the page: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au.
If you have been in certain high-risk locations, SA Health will contact you, as you may have been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
If you have symptoms (fever and/or chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell), you must isolate, get tested for COVID-19 and stay isolated until your result is known.
Where can I find more information?
We will keep in contact with you as the situation evolves. For the most up to date and accurate information regarding restrictions, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au.
We will work together and get through this. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Cara Connect team on (08) 8347 4588 or at email@example.com.
Cara Chief Executive