when and where you need it
In-Home & Community Support
Whether it’s in your home or out in the community,
our staff are available to support you when and where you need it.
What is In-Home and Community Support?
In-Home and Community Support (also known as HCS) is individualised support to live your life.
This can involve assistance with daily tasks, heading out into your community or exploring new skills or interests.
What support can I receive?
Everyone is unique and so is our support.
When you become a HCS customer, you will receive your own plan of supports tailored to you.
We will ask you what you want and need to ensure you get the right support. We can provide assistance with:
Transport and travel
Shopping, including planning meals and creating shopping lists
Meal preparation and cooking
Daily living tasks
Cleaning and household chores
Laundry, preparing clothes, helping to organise your wardrobe
Organising and attending appointments with you
Exploring hobbies, interests and pursuing passion projects
Organising and going on holidays
- We specialise in providing disability services for adults with severe and multiple disabilities. We are experts at supporting people with complex needs.
- As one of South Australia’s leading disability providers we have unparalleled depth of knowledge and skills.
- We have a team of Practice Leaders who are experts in their field and provide guidance on how we can best support you.
- We have robust quality and safeguarding systems, policies and procedures to ensure you receive the best support.
- Cara Connect is our unique personalised service for Cara customers, their decision-makers and support coordinators. Think of our Cara Connect Team as your partner for your journey with Cara and the NDIS.
Supported Independent Living
Increase your independence with access to 24/7 support to assist you with daily tasks and building skills.
Short Term Accommodation
The perfect opportunity for you to take a short break from everyday life to learn new skills and expand your social circle.
Our team of qualified and skilled Allied Health professionals support you to build independence, confidence and skills.
Introducing the Cara Intake and Growth Team
There’s a famous saying “you never get a second chance to make a first impression”. First impressions are important to us at Cara. That’s why we have introduced a new Customer Intake and Growth Team - to make sure that everyone who comes to Cara looking for...
Ashley has the right tools for the job
Men’s Shed: A community-based, non-profit, non-commercial organisation that is accessible to all men and whose primary activity is the provision of a safe and friendly environment where men are able to work on meaningful projects. When the amputation of several...
Living in Lucy’s Neighbourhood
Recently we introduced you to Neighbourhoods, Cara’s new service model that groups our Supported Independent Living, Short-Term Accommodation and Home & Community Support services in to Neighbourhoods.The Neighbourhoods structure is a significant improvement to...